The ash usage rules have some changes. They’re about how coal or lignite-based power plants deal with their leftover ash. Here’s a Updated ash usage rules for government construction work – simpler breakdown:
- Using Ash:
- Power plants must inform certain agencies that they’ll provide ash for free, but the plant will cover the cost of transporting it.
- Projects within 300 kilometers of these plants must use ash-based materials for construction, but they can’t cost more than the set rates by government departments.
- Authorities need to create rules for using ash products in building codes.
- Notification Process:
- Power plant owners must notify people or agencies who have to use ash, offering it for free and covering transport costs. They also need to inform the Pollution Control Board.
- Manufacturers of ash-based products must notify those who have to use these products, letting them know they’re available for sale. They also need to inform the Pollution Control Board.
- Support for Small Businesses:
- Power plants using ash must set aside some for small businesses making ash-based products. These products can be sold at lower prices or through limited auctions, following government guidelines.
Updated ash usage rules: A Breakdown of Changes for Power Plants and Construction Projects
Download – Ash utilization notification
Legal Update by QHSE Alert
Akshar Management Consultant
https://legalupdate.qhsealert.com/industrial-sector-categorization-harmonization-into-red-orange-green-and-white-categories-regarding-tyre-pyrolysis-oil-tpo-industries/ https://legalupdate.qhsealert.com/plastic-waste-amendment-rules-2023-key-change-applicable-to-export-units/ https://legalupdate.qhsealert.com/battery-amendments-rules-2023-key-changes-of-waste-management/